If you are interested in rotating in the Department of Neurology Residency Program:
1. You must contact the director of the program you are interested in doing a rotation on and receive permission for the rotation.
2. Go to the UCSF GME website (listed below), download, complete and submit the appointment forms required to complete the rotation.
3. Please note you will not be able to work with patients until these forms have been cleared with our Graduate Medical Education (GME) office. This process can take up to 8 weeks once all forms have been received by the GME office.
Please go to the above website and complete the forms which apply to you.
Short-Term Elective/Rotation (Provide patient care)
Residents and clinical fellows with current appointments at other instituions may participate in a short-term rotation at UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco General Hospital, and the San Francisco VA Medical Center if they are able to show proof of medical malpractice insurance (minimum of $1,000,000 per occurence) and receive a salary from their home institution.
- New Appointment, California Licensed
- New Appointment, Unlicensed (in California)
- Continuing Appointment, California Licensed
- Continuing Appointment, Unlicensed (in California)
Visiting Scholars (Observation only)
The Department of Neurology does not accept Resident observerships.
Visiting Scholars who are unable to provide proof of malpractice insurance and salary or only want to observe patient care and/or research, may be appointed as visiting scholars.
- Visiting Scholar Paperwork